Sunday, September 26, 2010

Foodie details...

...the "best of both worlds" cuisine...
Spicy Thai curry (thanks to the spices sent by a good friend!) and tomato, spinach and cheese salad!

[I have no idea why the blogspot picture insert thingy keeps flipping these photos (that are elsewhere ok!) ]

Food items that I missed while I was away ....


"Facturas"...Argentinean pastries...very unhealthy (but great tasting) breakfast items!
This particular batch was brought in to lighten a tough work morning at the office:
(Just in case you wanted to know, that's my boss on the left, our department secretary-with the cup-, my two co-workers-the other two females on the right) and a teacher from the university) :)

So, since this is a foodie post after all...Another thing I missed ...(and they're only in season now!)....artichokes! With a simple dressing of lemon juice, olive oil and salt...


After eating artichokes, I love to get a few gulps of cold water...it's kind of like chewing on a very minty gum and getting a drink of water...there's this natural "fresh" sensation....ahhhh....love it.

The end.

4 comments:

jc said...

The food looks good. Did you eat the Thai food with the artichoke? They might actually work well together...let the artichoke cool things off a bit.

Desvaríos Dorisianos said...

hehe...didn't think of that! Nope, they were separate, delicious instances :)

Marlise said...

awwwwwwwwww... sigh... I love artichokes!!

Anonymous said...

Doris, I didn't know about your blog until you commented on mine and I saw the link. Great fun reading it this morning. I will keep reading your posts; you are one funny lady. :)